The COOL DH consortium consisted of the utilities and municipalities of the two cities Lund (SE) and Høje-Taastrup (DK), and leading DH energy specialists as well as leading industrial manufacturers.
COWI A/S is an international operating consultant within energy, engineering, environment and economy and a specialist leader in district heating. COWI A/S is also a specialist on TERMIS, a district energy optimization software, for Schneider Electric.
The main roles of COWI are:
- Project coordination.
- System integrator of innovative LTDH solutions.
- TERMIS simulations.
- Develop business models and economic evaluation.
Kraftringen Energi AB is a district heating and power utility. It covers and is owned by five municipalities in the south east of Sweden with its main office in Lund. The main roles of Kraftringen Energi are:
- In charge of implementing the LTDH installations in Sweden.
- To make connections to ESS (The European Spallation Source) and MAX IV Laboratory.
- Transform district heating supply to low temperature. Offering operation of LTDH substations in buildings.
Høje-Taastrup is a municipality in Denmark. Its participation in COOL DH is represented by a section that is in charge of climate and energy planning, approving district heating developments, construction and environmental approval in Høje-Taastrup . The main roles of Høje-Taastrup are:
- To prepare a DH data planning platform that covers all buildings in the municipality related to heating supply, energy demand, building efficiency and use.
- To approve project and legislative procedures.
- To disseminate results on how LTDH can be implemented in larger scale.
- CO₂ monitoring.
Lund is a municipality in Sweden. Its participation in COOL DH is represented by a section that is in charge of climate and energy planning, approving district heating developments, construction and environmental approval. The main roles of Lund are:
- To set demands on development areas served by LTDH.
- To plan and disseminate how LTDH can be implemented in larger scale.
- CO₂ monitoring.
Lund University is represented by the faculty of engineering. Its extensive experience in research, education, training and dissemination is of high relevance to the project.
The main roles of Lund University are to monitor, evaluate, train, and disseminate results.
Per-Olof J Kallioniemi and Kerstin Sernhed, Senior Lecturers in Energy Sciences
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Kerstin.Sernhed@energy.lth.se
Euroheat & Power is an international association representing the District Heating and Cooling and Combined Heat and Power sector in Europe and beyond. The DHC+ Technology platform, a part of Euroheat & Power, leads the dissemination and exploitation activities in the project.
Logstor A/S is a worldwide recognised supplier of high quality prefabricated district heating pipes.
The main role of Logstor A/S is to supply new pipe solutions for LTDH and development of multimedia pipes.
Høje Taastrup Fjernvarme amba is a utility in charge of district heating and cooling in the area of Høje-Taastrup municipality.
The main role of Høje Taastrup Fjernvarme is to be in charge of implementing the LTDH installations, energy storage and district cooling in Denmark.
COWI AB is a subsidiary of COWI A/S with many offices in Sweden. Its main role in the project is to assist COWI DK.
Cetetherm is a leading manufacturer and supplier of prefabricated substations with a history in the field going back all the way to the 1960’s. It’s a Nordic company with specialists within district heating, district cooling and domestic hot water solutions. Headquarters are in Sweden, with local representation in the main district energy markets around the world.
The main roles of Cetetherm in the Cool DH project are:
- To supply substations and micro heat exchangers for the demosite in Lund.
- To be part of the LTDH showcase at the site in Lund.
Lunds Kommuns Fastighets AB, LKF, is a housing company owned by the municipality of Lund. The company builds more than 300 sustainable dwellings per year. Its main role in the project is to be in charge of building one of the first innovative demonstration buildings that will integrate LTDH and local RES.